Woolwich man charged in Lewiston shooting | News
LEWISTON, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- A man from Woolwich is being held at the Androscoggin County Jail in connection with a robbery and shooting Thursday night in Lewiston.
Investigators say officers responded to a disturbance on Marble Street. When they arrived, officers say they discovered that shots had been fired at a residence and a female was injured.
The woman was taken to Central Maine Medical Center for treatment.
Officials say prior to the shooting, they learned a residence down the street had been broken into and items were stolen.
Police say they identified Nicholas Malcolm, 22, of Woolwich as their suspect. Malcolm was arrested and charged with robbery, reckless conduct with a firearm and two counts of aggravated assault.
Malcolm is being held on $10,000 cash bail.
Upcoming Events near Bath - Brunswick
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Waste managers are seeking ways to capitalize on organic waste and keep it out of landfills.
- Freeport Flag Lady recovering from surgery
- Comedian Bob Marley to perform at Falmouth High School
- Crabs & climate change pose threat to Maine shellfish
- Habitat For Humanity chapter celebrates largest project to date