Woolwich man charged in Lewiston shooting | News
LEWISTON, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- A man from Woolwich is being held at the Androscoggin County Jail in connection with a robbery and shooting Thursday night in Lewiston.
Investigators say officers responded to a disturbance on Marble Street. When they arrived, officers say they discovered that shots had been fired at a residence and a female was injured.
The woman was taken to Central Maine Medical Center for treatment.
Officials say prior to the shooting, they learned a residence down the street had been broken into and items were stolen.
Police say they identified Nicholas Malcolm, 22, of Woolwich as their suspect. Malcolm was arrested and charged with robbery, reckless conduct with a firearm and two counts of aggravated assault.
Malcolm is being held on $10,000 cash bail.
Upcoming Events near Bath - Brunswick
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Care navigator helps breast cancer patients through treatment
- Green Outdoors: Secretary of State Kerry's dog trained in Maine
- Local group rallies to save Windjammer Days
- Midcoast residents demand impact study for proposed harbor dredging in Searsport
- Elinor Klivans' Peanut Butter Cookies Stuffed with Chocolate and Peanut Butter