AIGA Maine presents The Business of Design | Arts & Culture
An afternoon for creative professionals and their businesses.AIGA Maine presents an in-depth afternoon designed to help creative businesses of all sizes run more smoothly, efficiently, and profitably. The Business of Design brings together four experts who will help you better structure your business, position yourself to create (and sell) your best work, protect your intellectal property, and effectively manage your team, clients and projects. Emily Cohen, consultant to creative professionals for over 20 years, presents Best Practice Strategies for Design Firms. Highlighting the business practices that are the foundation of truly successful design organizations, this session will cover a range of topics including organizational structures, staffing strategies, pricing, client management and marketing.
John Bielenberg, co-founder and executive producer of design at Future, presents When Wrong is Right. What John does best is help organizations, and their people, find the courage and the sense of humor to consider whole new, “Wrong” ways of bringing their stories, ideas, and innovations out into the world.
Chelsea Callanan, IP Law Attorney at Murray Plumb & Murray, presents Essentials of Trademarks in Marketing and Branding. This session includes an overview of intellectual property before delving into what can serve as a mark, how to protect and leverage marks in commerce, and what this all means to professionals who are creating logos, names, and brands for themselves and clients.
Steve Pogson, President of First Pier Technology Partners, presents Online Strategy and Goal-Oriented Projects. This session will focus on organizing, creating, and executing projects in a way that goes beyond traditional project management to put the focus and importance on strategy and project goals.
When Monday May 21, 2012 12:30pm-5:00pm Where USM, Hannaford Hall
88 Bedford St Portland, ME Cost AIGA Members (Regular): $45 AIGA Members (Students): FREE Non-Members: $65 Non-Members (Students): $25* *Full-time enrolled student status required for discount, student IDs will be checked at registration. TWITTER FACEBOOK TICKETS
Upcoming Events near Bath - Brunswick
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- This is Home promo featuring the Yarmouth Clam Festival
- Food company grant has been established in Maine to train new dairy farmers.
- Mainers celebrate Social Media Day (#SMDayME)
- Local business filling order for big client
- 1st Statewide Virtual Public School Hosts In-Person Info Session in Freeport for Interested Families
- Washburn-Norlands Living History Center Receives $15,000 Grant to Restore Historic Windows
- 1st Statewide Virtual Public School Hosts In-Person Info Session in Auburn for Interested Families
- Strawberry Festival and Living History Heritage Day at the Norlands
- Comedy Fix XIV to benefit GAHS
- Comedy Night at Narals