Portland's 2nd annual Walk For Recovery. Saturday September 10, 2011. | Arts & Culture
Portland's 2nd annual Walk For Recovery. Saturday September 10, 2011.
Join to celebrate the power of recovery. Groups and individuals concerned with the continuing incidents of alcohol and drug abuse in the community are being encouraged to take part in the walk which is being organized and hosted by Catholic Charities Maine’s Counseling Services in partnership with Milestone Foundation, Crossroads for Women, Day One, Milestone, and Serenity House in celebration of National Alcohol and Drug Recovery Month.
Saturday, September 10, 2011. Registration begins at 9:30 a.m. The first 250 people who register on the day of event will receive a free T-Shirt
Walk begins at 10:00 a.m. at Catholic Charities Maine Counseling Services, 250 Anderson Street, and follows a route around the Eastern Promenade trail to the Ocean Gateway Terminal (3.2 mile round trip). There will be fun activities for kids of all ages. Light refreshments will be available.
For more information about the Walk for Recovery, volunteer or donation opportunities, or to register on-line, please visit http://www.ccmaine.org/recovery or contact Kristen Wells at (207) 321-7806 or email@example.com.
Upcoming Events near Bath - Brunswick
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- This is Home promo featuring the Yarmouth Clam Festival
- Food company grant has been established in Maine to train new dairy farmers.
- Mainers celebrate Social Media Day (#SMDayME)
- Local business filling order for big client
- 1st Statewide Virtual Public School Hosts In-Person Info Session in Freeport for Interested Families
- Washburn-Norlands Living History Center Receives $15,000 Grant to Restore Historic Windows
- 1st Statewide Virtual Public School Hosts In-Person Info Session in Auburn for Interested Families
- Strawberry Festival and Living History Heritage Day at the Norlands
- Comedy Fix XIV to benefit GAHS
- Comedy Night at Narals