Maine Boat Yards Will Open to the Public August 13-14 | Business
Maine Built Boats Inc. presents annual Open Boat Yard Days.
JUNE 27, 2012 - MAINE - Boat yards throughout Maine will open their doors to the general public August 13-14 for tours, discussions and interviews. Locals and tourists alike are invited to stop by any of the participating yards during their regular business hours to get an insider's view of the craftsmanship involved in the boat construction and repair processes among Maine boat yards. The Open Boat Yard Days event is produced annually by Maine Built Boats Inc. to promote the value and integrity of boats built in the state of Maine.
The yards currently participating in the 2012 Open Boat Yard Days are: Atlantic Boat Company of Brooklin, Back Cove Yachts of Rockland, Front Street Shipyard of Belfast, Great Harbor Boatworks of Southwest Harbor, Great Island Boat Yard of Harpswell, The Hinckley Company of Trenton and Southwest Harbor, John Williams Boat Company of Hall Quarry, Lyman Morse Boatbuilding of Thomaston, Morris Yachts of Bass Harbor, Portland Yacht Services of Portland, and Sabre Yachts of Casco. Additional yards likely will join the event as well.
"Maine boatbuilders are known worldwide for their superior capabilities and craftsmanship," says Jon Johansen, president of Maine Built Boats Inc. "This is an opportunity for the public to meet the talented builders, ask questions about the processes and see the remarkable technologies they have in their shops."
Open Boat Yard Days is free to the public and no reservations are required to visit any of the yards. More information about Open Boat Yard Days is online at www.mainebuiltboats.com.
Upcoming Events near Bath - Brunswick
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- This is Home promo featuring the Yarmouth Clam Festival
- Food company grant has been established in Maine to train new dairy farmers.
- Mainers celebrate Social Media Day (#SMDayME)
- Local business filling order for big client
- 1st Statewide Virtual Public School Hosts In-Person Info Session in Freeport for Interested Families
- Washburn-Norlands Living History Center Receives $15,000 Grant to Restore Historic Windows
- 1st Statewide Virtual Public School Hosts In-Person Info Session in Auburn for Interested Families
- Strawberry Festival and Living History Heritage Day at the Norlands
- Comedy Fix XIV to benefit GAHS
- Comedy Night at Narals