BikeMaine-- a 7-Day cycling event is the first in New England | Community Spirit
BikeMaine, a seven-day, 400 mile rolling celebration of Maine will run September 7 through 14.
The loop route, which begins and ends inOrono, will see cyclists camping in the following host communities: Orono, Dover-Foxcroft, Belfast, Castine, Bar Harbor (two nights) and Camp Jordan (Ellsworth). A map of the route is pictured below.
Limited to 350 riders in the first year, half from out-of-state, the event is expected to grow to about 2,000 riders after the startup years, offering an economic boost to host communities supporting the ride. Each year, the route will visit a different part of Maine with new host communities.
BikeMaine is the latest and most ambitious undertaking of the BicycleCoalition of Maine to promote and celebrate safe cycling events and pedestrian initiatives.
For more information about this exciting event, click on BikeMaine.org.
Upcoming Events near Bath - Brunswick
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Green Outdoors: Secretary of State Kerry's dog trained in Maine
- Local group rallies to save Windjammer Days
- Midcoast residents demand impact study for proposed harbor dredging in Searsport
- Elinor Klivans' Peanut Butter Cookies Stuffed with Chocolate and Peanut Butter
- Knox County Airport makes changes after last years crash