Blueberry netting project. | Blogs
About a year ago I planted out six blueberry bushes on our property. With brand new plants you must be patient since you really are supposed to wait THREE YEARS before harvesting any blueberries. We are just THICK with deer so to protect the plants I set up a small wire cage around each one. Well now the plants are outgrowing the cages so I decided to build a larger structure that would protect the bushes from birds and deer. I'm sort of experimenting here. I don't really know of anyone else doing something quite like this. My plan is to use large T-Posts that will hold up some heavy weight netting over the entire blueberry patch. This netting will surely keep the birds away and my hope is it will deter the deer as well. This is only part one of this project. I don't have the netting yet. I'll post results when I finish the project!
Upcoming Events near Bath - Brunswick
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- This is Home promo featuring the Yarmouth Clam Festival
- Food company grant has been established in Maine to train new dairy farmers.
- Mainers celebrate Social Media Day (#SMDayME)
- Local business filling order for big client
- 1st Statewide Virtual Public School Hosts In-Person Info Session in Freeport for Interested Families
- Washburn-Norlands Living History Center Receives $15,000 Grant to Restore Historic Windows
- 1st Statewide Virtual Public School Hosts In-Person Info Session in Auburn for Interested Families
- Strawberry Festival and Living History Heritage Day at the Norlands
- Comedy Fix XIV to benefit GAHS
- Comedy Night at Narals