Big garden progress - May 2012 | Home & Garden
The big garden is coming along well so far despite all the rain we've had. We have been working hard to get a few crops directly sowed into the ground. We started with peas since they are so frost hardy. We sowed a long row in succession so we will have peas at different times in the growing season. We also put down a long row of potatoes. We're trying Katahdin's for the first time this year but we also have planted Rose Apple Finn and Russian Banana fingerling potatoes. Finally we just put in a short row of beets! There's lots more to come so stay tuned!
Upcoming Events near Bath - Brunswick
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Waste managers are seeking ways to capitalize on organic waste and keep it out of landfills.
- Freeport Flag Lady recovering from surgery
- Comedian Bob Marley to perform at Falmouth High School
- Crabs & climate change pose threat to Maine shellfish
- Habitat For Humanity chapter celebrates largest project to date