Making Hay - Part 1 | Home & Garden
I decided on a whim to try to do a little haying this year. And I mean a LITTLE! In all it's probably not even equivalent to two bales of hay but what the heck! I noticed that the field where the meat birds had been last year grew grass way taller than it had in previous years. Doubtless that is due to all the manure the birds put down! I also know that where my house sits was originally a hay field! So I cut the hay using my Gravely and put it in windrows to dry! More later!
Upcoming Events near Bath - Brunswick
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Waste managers are seeking ways to capitalize on organic waste and keep it out of landfills.
- Freeport Flag Lady recovering from surgery
- Comedian Bob Marley to perform at Falmouth High School
- Crabs & climate change pose threat to Maine shellfish
- Habitat For Humanity chapter celebrates largest project to date