Police: Missing canoer from Portland found dead | News
BOWDOINHAM, Maine (NEWS CENTER) - A Portland Man who had been missing on the Cathance River in Bowdoinham has been found deceased.
Marine Patrol Sergeant Daniel White says the body of 32-year-old Santana Dubon was found Sunday afternoon.
The Coast Guard received a distress call just after 8 P.M. Saturday from Maine Marine Patrol reporting that it was conducting a search on the Cathance River near the Route 24 bridge.
Officials say Dubon was out on a canoe with two relatives when it capsized Saturday night. The two relatives made it to shore safely.
A Coast Guard helicopter searched for Dubon Saturday night. The search was called off at midnight and continued around 5 A.M. Sunday.
The Marine Patrol, a Marine Patrol helicopter, members of the State Police Dive Team, Bowdoinham emergency personnel, and members of the public all assisted with the search.
Upcoming Events near Bath - Brunswick
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Live-In History Experience at Washburn-Norlands Living History Center
- LAME Comedy Fest to feature Louis Ramey
- Washburn-Norlands Living History Center Receives $15,000 Grant to Restore Historic Windows
- 1st Statewide Virtual Public School Hosts In-Person Info Session in Auburn for Interested Families
- Strawberry Festival and Living History Heritage Day at the Norlands