Boat explosion in Brunswick leaves two injured | News
BRUNSWICK, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- An explosion on board a boat at a Brunswick marina Monday morning left two people injured.
The Brunswick Fire Department says two people were on a 36-foot boat at New Meadows Marina and had just fueled up when an explosion occured. They were taken to Midcoast Hospital in Brunswick with non-life threatening injuries.
There is no word yet on what caused the explosion. The State Fire Marshal's Office is investigating.
Brunswick fire officials say the Department of Environmental Protection has also been called to investigate fuel spilled into the water as a result of the explosion. The spill has been contained.
The fire department says the boat was destroyed and won't be able to be removed from the water until high tide.
Upcoming Events near Bath - Brunswick
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Green Outdoors: Secretary of State Kerry's dog trained in Maine
- Local group rallies to save Windjammer Days
- Midcoast residents demand impact study for proposed harbor dredging in Searsport
- Elinor Klivans' Peanut Butter Cookies Stuffed with Chocolate and Peanut Butter
- Knox County Airport makes changes after last years crash