Boat explosion in Brunswick leaves two injured | News
BRUNSWICK, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- An explosion on board a boat at a Brunswick marina Monday morning left two people injured.
The Brunswick Fire Department says two people were on a 36-foot boat at New Meadows Marina and had just fueled up when an explosion occured. They were taken to Midcoast Hospital in Brunswick with non-life threatening injuries.
There is no word yet on what caused the explosion. The State Fire Marshal's Office is investigating.
Brunswick fire officials say the Department of Environmental Protection has also been called to investigate fuel spilled into the water as a result of the explosion. The spill has been contained.
The fire department says the boat was destroyed and won't be able to be removed from the water until high tide.
Upcoming Events near Bath - Brunswick
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- LAME Comedy Fest to feature Louis Ramey
- Washburn-Norlands Living History Center Receives $15,000 Grant to Restore Historic Windows
- 1st Statewide Virtual Public School Hosts In-Person Info Session in Auburn for Interested Families
- Strawberry Festival and Living History Heritage Day at the Norlands
- Comedy Fix XIV to benefit GAHS