Strimling & Harriman on recent polls and a re-election bid | News
(NEWS CENTER) - The first poll to be taken since Maine's primary elections is out and it provides and interesting snapshot of where voters are leaning.
WBUR radio conducted a poll, asking 506 voters about their preferences in the U.S. Senate race in Maine.
- Angus King (I) - 50%
- Charlie Summers (R) - 23%
- Cynthia Dill (D) - 9%
The same poll also asked whether Mainers support legalizing same sex marriage.
- Support - 55%
- Oppose - 36%
Political Analysts Ethan Strimling and Phil Harriman discuss those numbers plus a recent battle between the chair of the Maine Democratic Party and Alex Cornell du Houx, a lawmaker from Brunswick who was ordered to avoid his ex-girlfriend by a court. The order has since been dropped.
Upcoming Events near Bath - Brunswick
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Waste managers are seeking ways to capitalize on organic waste and keep it out of landfills.
- Freeport Flag Lady recovering from surgery
- Comedian Bob Marley to perform at Falmouth High School
- Crabs & climate change pose threat to Maine shellfish
- Habitat For Humanity chapter celebrates largest project to date