Two Mainers fall short of Olympics | News
NEWS CENTER- Anna Pierce and Lauren Forgues were one obstacle away from realizing a lifelong dream. Unfortunately for them, they weren't able to overcome that last hurdle in their quest to qualify for the 2012 Summer Olympics.
Pierce, a Telstar High School alum, and Forgues, from Boothbay, competed in the finals of the 1500 meters and 20,000 meter racewalk. Pierce needed to qualify in the top three in order to advance to London. Her time of 4:07:78 was good for fifth. Forgues either needed to win the race or finish under one hour, 33 minutes, and 30 seconds. She finished sixth with a time of 1:39:48.
Upcoming Events near Bath - Brunswick
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Live-In History Experience at Washburn-Norlands Living History Center
- LAME Comedy Fest to feature Louis Ramey
- Washburn-Norlands Living History Center Receives $15,000 Grant to Restore Historic Windows
- 1st Statewide Virtual Public School Hosts In-Person Info Session in Auburn for Interested Families
- Strawberry Festival and Living History Heritage Day at the Norlands