Two Mainers fall short of Olympics | News
NEWS CENTER- Anna Pierce and Lauren Forgues were one obstacle away from realizing a lifelong dream. Unfortunately for them, they weren't able to overcome that last hurdle in their quest to qualify for the 2012 Summer Olympics.
Pierce, a Telstar High School alum, and Forgues, from Boothbay, competed in the finals of the 1500 meters and 20,000 meter racewalk. Pierce needed to qualify in the top three in order to advance to London. Her time of 4:07:78 was good for fifth. Forgues either needed to win the race or finish under one hour, 33 minutes, and 30 seconds. She finished sixth with a time of 1:39:48.
Upcoming Events near Bath - Brunswick
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Care navigator helps breast cancer patients through treatment
- Green Outdoors: Secretary of State Kerry's dog trained in Maine
- Local group rallies to save Windjammer Days
- Midcoast residents demand impact study for proposed harbor dredging in Searsport
- Elinor Klivans' Peanut Butter Cookies Stuffed with Chocolate and Peanut Butter