Weather Service confirms Woolwich tornado | News
WOOLWICH, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- The National Weather Service has confirmed that a weak tornado touched down in Woolwich at around 7:30 Tuesday night.
The tornado went through Pele Harrison's yard. She says it tossed some children's toys and an old trampoline several hundred feet and that it moved through very quickly.
A neighbor caught the twister on camera.
John Jensenius of the Weather Service says the tornado was a 0 on the Enhanced Fujita (EF), with maximum wind gusts of 50-60mph. Its path was about 20 yards wide and two-tenths of a mile long.
Upcoming Events near Bath - Brunswick
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Live-In History Experience at Washburn-Norlands Living History Center
- LAME Comedy Fest to feature Louis Ramey
- Washburn-Norlands Living History Center Receives $15,000 Grant to Restore Historic Windows
- 1st Statewide Virtual Public School Hosts In-Person Info Session in Auburn for Interested Families
- Strawberry Festival and Living History Heritage Day at the Norlands