Weather Service confirms Woolwich tornado | News
WOOLWICH, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- The National Weather Service has confirmed that a weak tornado touched down in Woolwich at around 7:30 Tuesday night.
The tornado went through Pele Harrison's yard. She says it tossed some children's toys and an old trampoline several hundred feet and that it moved through very quickly.
A neighbor caught the twister on camera.
John Jensenius of the Weather Service says the tornado was a 0 on the Enhanced Fujita (EF), with maximum wind gusts of 50-60mph. Its path was about 20 yards wide and two-tenths of a mile long.
Upcoming Events near Bath - Brunswick
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Care navigator helps breast cancer patients through treatment
- Green Outdoors: Secretary of State Kerry's dog trained in Maine
- Local group rallies to save Windjammer Days
- Midcoast residents demand impact study for proposed harbor dredging in Searsport
- Elinor Klivans' Peanut Butter Cookies Stuffed with Chocolate and Peanut Butter