Great State of Maine Air Show is canceled | News
BRUNSWICK, Maine (AP) - The Midcoast Regional Redevelopment Authority has canceled the 2013 Great State of Maine Air Show because of the mandatory federal budget cuts known as sequestration.
Executive Director Steve Levesque said Wednesday that the difficult decision followed the Pentagon's decision to cancel flyovers, jump team demonstrations and civilian air shows effective April 1.
The Navy's Blue Angels were set to be perform at the air show on Sept. 14 and 15.
Levesque said the Navy flight demonstration team was a major draw, and that replacing the team with civilian teams would've come at a great cost.
Upcoming Events near Bath - Brunswick
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Waste managers are seeking ways to capitalize on organic waste and keep it out of landfills.
- Freeport Flag Lady recovering from surgery
- Comedian Bob Marley to perform at Falmouth High School
- Crabs & climate change pose threat to Maine shellfish
- Habitat For Humanity chapter celebrates largest project to date