Great State of Maine Air Show is canceled | News
BRUNSWICK, Maine (AP) - The Midcoast Regional Redevelopment Authority has canceled the 2013 Great State of Maine Air Show because of the mandatory federal budget cuts known as sequestration.
Executive Director Steve Levesque said Wednesday that the difficult decision followed the Pentagon's decision to cancel flyovers, jump team demonstrations and civilian air shows effective April 1.
The Navy's Blue Angels were set to be perform at the air show on Sept. 14 and 15.
Levesque said the Navy flight demonstration team was a major draw, and that replacing the team with civilian teams would've come at a great cost.
Upcoming Events near Bath - Brunswick
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- LAME Comedy Fest to feature Louis Ramey
- Washburn-Norlands Living History Center Receives $15,000 Grant to Restore Historic Windows
- 1st Statewide Virtual Public School Hosts In-Person Info Session in Auburn for Interested Families
- Strawberry Festival and Living History Heritage Day at the Norlands
- Comedy Fix XIV to benefit GAHS