BATH, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- A father and son are lucky to be alive after a fire in their South Street home Thursday afternoon.
PHOTOS: Fire in Bath
The fire started at 62 South Street around 3:30 p.m., according to Bath Fire Chief Stephen Hinds.
He said when his crews arrived, they found all three floors of the building burning, and a father and son in the second floor window.
John Tanguay, 37, his son, Nicholas, 4, were trapped inside.
By the time firefighters got to the window, it was almost too late.
"The fire was in the room with the people when we got to them," said Chief Hinds.
Firefighters were able to get them out with seconds to spare.
"Very, extremely lucky," said Hinds.